Saturday, July 30, 2011

Biking in Breckenridge

Seems like summer just got started and already my kids will be back in school by the 9th!

My family and I took separate vacations this year, as we were working around an opportunity for my son to spend some time in the UK attending a soccer camp there. I spent my vacation, well 4 days of it, in the Colorado mountains putting in some good mountain bike runs.

I started in Keystone, CO at the bike park, then met up with a former FBD personal trainer, Jeff Morgan, at Peaks Trail. We put in a great climb that day.

This particular 9 mile trail was described to me as a fine example of a true Breckenridge mountain biking experience. I couldn't agree more. Breckenridge Magazine describes it as "a rooty single track, with rock gardens, several moderately technical climbs which tunnel through the thick forest corridor". It is a popular trail, but wasn't crowded. We went the direction of Frisco to Breckenridge (the harder route - thanks Jeff!)

Here's an interesting website about biking in Breckenridge: http://www.gobreck.com/what-to-do/mountain-biking-breckenridge

I would love to hear from other biking enthusiasts out there who have done some biking in other states. Please drop me an email when you have a chance. I've ridden in Colorado and in Utah, so I could also give you my perspective on these two areas, if you are considering a trip yourself.

If you have an "active" vacation planned for yourself and/or your family, make sure to talk to your trainer about it. Let them help you get a little more out of your vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment